You can still enjoy the great outdoors - just remember to take a few simple precautions, particularly if you work or play outside, especially at the beach or on snow.
- Protect your eyes with wrap-around sunglasses (or ones with side shields) that are UV-rated.
- Try to spend less time in the sun. Seek shade especially in spring and summer from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you are wearing fewer clothes or swimming, limit the time you spend in the sun by staying in the shade.
- Wear clothes that cover your skin.
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat.
- Wear sunscreen on skin that is not covered, especially if you are light-skinned. Your sunscreen should block both UV-B and UV-A and have an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 15. Be sure to reapply it often, especially after swimming or exercising.
Information Courtesy of Environment Canada